Things Obama did during his presidency……the short list…
* Gave Bush absolute immunity for everything.
* Assassinated 4 US citizens with drone strikes.
* Repealed the Propaganda ban, making it legal to spread government propaganda via news outlets.
* Signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law, thus doing the exact opposite of labeling GMO’s as promised.
* Pushed for the TPP Trade Pact.
* Did a TV commercial promoting “clean coal”
* Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.
*Opened up dumping fracking wastewater directly into ocean.
* Bragged about his use of drones – I’m “really good at killing people.”
* Deported a modern-record 3 million immigrants. More than all other presidents combined.
* Used Espionage Act to prosecute more whistleblowers than all previous administrations combined.
* Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.
* Promised $38 billion dollars to Israel while committing humanitarian crimes against Palestine
* Despite campaign pledges, planned a $1 trillion program to add smaller “usable” nuclear weapons to the US arsenal in the next 30 years.
* Dropped bombs in 7 Muslim countries.
* Didn’t bring justice to Wall Street for the economic crash.
* Backed neo-Nazis in Ukraine.
* Despite campaign pledges, did not close Guantanamo.
* Put troops on the ground in Syria, despite 16 times saying “no troops on the ground.”
* Started a new war on terror – this one on ISIS.
*Admitted to directly funding ISIS, and other terrorist groups
* Said, “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being.”
* Started a new war in Iraq.
* Initiated, and personally oversees a ‘Secret Kill List.’
* Supported Israel’s wars and occupation of Palestine.
* Deployed Special Ops to 134 countries – compared to 60 under Bush.
* Drastically escalated the NSA spying program.
* Signed the NDAA into law – making it legal to assassinate and imprison Americans w/o charge or trial.
* Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia.
* Opened a military base in Chile.
* Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan.
* Mandated the Insider Threat Program which orders federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues.
* Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.
* Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.
* Launched 20,000 Airstrikes in his first term.
* Continued Bush’s rendition program.
* Said the U.S. is the “one indispensable nation” in the world.
* Waged war on Libya without congressional approval.
* Started a covert drone war in Yemen.
* Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.
* Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.
* Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.
— by Aaron Feldman via Dave Dumanis
He speaks with the MORAL AUTHORITY of TR, FDR, JFK and MLK. He is a TRANSFORMATIONAL leader that comes around only once in a lifetime.
Bernie Sanders is authentic, honest, direct on all the issues, independent, not beholding to big monied interests, knowledgeable, motivated and inspiring. He has singlehandedly reignited the Progressive Movement.
Here’s a list of many of his policy positions:
Supports a woman’s right to make her own reproductive decisions,
Supports access to affordable quality healthcare as a right of every citizen,
Supports MEDICARE FOR ALL,
Supports raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour,
Supports the rights of workers to organize on a card vote of 50% plus one,
Supports immigration reform and a path to citizenship,
Supports breaking up the big banks. Too big to fail is too big to exist,
Supports reinstating Glass Steagal separating commercial banking from investment banking.
Supports a tax on financial transactions,
Supports taxation of foreign source earnings of U.S. Corporations.
Supports taxation of all income over $1 million as ordinary income.
Supports climate change and the moral imperative to end the use of fossil fuels,
Against the XL pipeline,
Supports equal pay for equal work for women,
Supports paid sick leave,
Supports a minimum of two weeks paid vacation per year,
Supports paid family leave for new parents,
Supports expansion of Social Security into a national portable pension system,
Supports Medicare and Medicaid negotiation of pharmaceutical drug prices,
Supports requiring corporations to pay their fair share of taxes currently 10% of federal revenue down from 30-40% of federal revenue.
Supports dismantling the use if tax havens like the Cayman Islands by both individual citizens and corporations as a method of tax avoidance,
Against TPP and Fast Track trade negotiations designed to export jobs and advantage corporations,
Against Free trade and for FAIR TRADE that protects American industry and employment,
For regulation of firearms including background checks on all sales and changes of ownership and a ban on assault rifles,
Supports eliminating the fracking industry’s exemption from the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act,
Supports campaign finance reform and the public financing if elections,
Supports eliminating Super Pacs and all dark money in Politics,
Supports a Constitutional amendment to overturn the disastrous Supreme Court decision in Citizens United,
Supports a multi year multi billion jobs program to address our crumbling infrastructure; bridges, highways, sewer systems, water systems and create 10 million plus good paying American jobs,
Supports free access to the polls for all citizens,
Supports independent commissions to draw Congressional Districts,
Supports decriminalizing marijuana,
Supports an end to privatization of prisons.
Bernie Sanders is the real deal. He supports No Super Pacs though some have sprung up to support him. He is free of the monied interests of Wall Street and the corporate plutocrats. He’s authentic and honest. He has reignited the Progressive Movement in America. Join the movement. Support Bernie Sanders !
FEEL the BERN ! ! It’s electric !
PS. – And what does the Democratic Party stand for besides re-election ?
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !
How else could they lose 1,000 seats and counting under Pelosi !